The Log Cabin

Monday, July 5, 2010

Log Cabin Property Available for Sale

I was recently visiting my Georgia Blue Ridge Mountain log cabin property. Since I was in the neighborhood, I stopped by the developer’s sales office to say hello. My sales rep was there and we started discussing the current state of the market. He mentioned two properties for sale that were special bargains. He offered to show them to me and always being curious, I agreed.

The first property was over an acre with a four bedroom house. Fortunately, there was a couple looking at the house when we arrived and the house was open. Although it wasn’t a log cabin, I still found it to be of interest. It had three floors and two of them opened to large decks off the back. The view was nothing like my property provided, but the bottom line was the asking price, $150,000. The owner was apparently anxious to unload it.

My first thought was to buy it primarily as an investment, live there for a few years and then sell. The gain would be applied to building my log cabin. There was only one problem. I already had a home that was under water and I needed to hold onto it until its resale value re-surfaced.

The second property was undeveloped land. However, it was special. Next door is a private waterfront trout lodge. It borders on Talking Rock Creek with almost 250 feet of creek footage. The property is pie shaped and covers 1.32 acres. The land across the river rises straight up. Part of the opposite cliff is pure rock while the rest is tree covered. It is a rather impressive view. Even more impressive is the asking price, $125,000. Check out two scenes of the river from this property.


                                                  The view up river from the property


                                                                     Just next door.



If you have any interest in property, send me your contact info. I will get you set up with the right person. Contact me, Bob Saunders, at rbs0804@aol.com.

1 comment:

  1. Terrific work! This is the type of information that should be

    shared around the web. Shame on the search engines for not

    positioning this post higher!

    ReplyDelete